Wildfire at Midnight General What Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists Do & How They Help You By Dr. Rachel Oliver

What Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists Do & How They Help You By Dr. Rachel Oliver

What Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists Do & How They Help You By Dr. Rachel Oliver post thumbnail image

Obstetricians and gynecologists are specialists in women’s health, but what does it entail? The term obstetrics relates to pregnancy and childbirth, whereas gynecology refers to a woman’s reproductive health.
To detect and treat any potential problems that may occur during pregnancy, an OB/GYN will use ultrasound on both the mother and the unborn child. A high-risk OB/GYN is the best person to consult with if you have concerns about bringing a child to full term.

What Do Obstetricians And Gynecologists Do

Obstetricians and gynecologists treat women. Dr. Rachel Oliver says OB/GYNs deliver babies, perform gynecological exams, treat reproductive health disorders, and provide prenatal care. OB/GYNs collaborate with pediatricians for newborns, internists for adults, and surgeons for complex medical concerns or injuries that necessitate surgery.

The Different Types Of OB/GYN Specialists

There are many subspecialties within the field of obstetrics and gynecology, including the following:

• Gynecological oncologists. These specialists handle female reproductive cancers. They also remove reproductive organ tumors.
• Infertility specialists. After 12 months of attempting to conceive without utilizing contraception like birth control pills or condoms to prevent sperm from fertilizing an egg, these experts diagnose infertility. Infertility specialists may recommend hormone treatment or IVF.
• Maternal-fetal medicine specialists. Focus on preventing premature births by monitoring pregnant women who have high blood pressure or diabetes because these conditions can increase their risk of having babies born early.
• Pediatricians: Specialize in treating children from birth until age 18 years old.
• Reproductive endocrinologists: Clomiphene citrate tablets induce ovulation and aid women who don’t create enough estradiol naturally.
• Urogynecologists: Treat urine incontinence induced by childbirth injuries such as muscle tears along vaginal walls from stretching during delivery and nerve damage from rectum/rectovaginal septum operations.

Obstetricians Should Treat High-Risk Pregnancies

Dr. Rachel Oliver If having a kid is a top priority, it’s best to see a specialist in high-risk pregnancies. Why? For the simple reason that they are better equipped to handle complicated pregnancies than general OB/GYNs in terms of education, experience, and skill. They are also aware of the difficulties associated with childbirth. Hiring an experienced high-risk OB/GYN expert will help guarantee a healthy pregnancy and kid if you already have children but wish to have more.

Related Post